Get your travel dreams LIT by flying kulula, but first things first - your safety is our top priority. And although we've put protective measures in place to create safe spaces for our fans and crew, we can each do our part in curbing the spread of COVID19.
Here is what you need to know about the travel measures we've put in place and what you can do to be a conscious/responsible passenger.
- Please wear your mask correctly, ensuring that you cover both your mouth and nose throughout your entire journey.
Passengers who are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons are required to bring along a medical certificate from their doctor and latest covid test result not more than 72 hours old from their first trip point of departure. These passengers will be isolated away from the other passengers on board.
- Passengers are requested to maintain social distancing throughout their experience.
Packing and preparing for your trip
- Check in online to save time and reduce contact by using an electronic or printed boarding pass.
- Pack enough masks for your trip.
- Pack a valid form of identification or passport document.
- Keep hand luggage to a minimum and pack light to reduce contact onboard.
- Download and complete the Department of Health Travel Questionnaires. If you are flying return, you will need one for when you arrive at the airport for your return flight.
Arriving at the airport
- Customers are requested to be at the airport at least 2 hours prior to their domestic flight departure and 4 hours prior to their international flight departure to allow enough time for health screening and health travel questionnaires. Customers who are delayed by airport Port Health Authorities or denied entry to the airport, will forfeit their ticket value.
- Since only passengers are allowed to enter the terminal building, you will be requested to present your flight confirmation or online boarding pass to the Port Health Authorities when entering the airport. The general public will be turned away, however ACSA will allow 1 escort to assist minors and passengers with special needs.
- We recommend customers regularly make use of the hand sanitisers provided throughout the airport. You should be able to locate them at the entrance to the Terminal building, check-in counters, boarding gates and on the aircrafts stairs before entering the aircraft.
- Customers arriving at the airport terminal without a mask will be denied entry.
Checking in for your flight
- Customers are requested to use online check-in to reduce contact and queues at the check-in counter.
- If you don’t have any bags to check-in, simply proceed to the Security gate.
- If you do have bags to check-in, look out for the Bag Drop off counter where you will be requested to place your bag on the scale. A check-in agent will disinfect your bag handle before attaching the bag tag and dispatching to the basement.
- kulula staff will be adhering to a ‘no touch policy’ on any customer documents or personal items, unless assisting passengers with special needs. Please assist staff by visibly holding up your ID and lowering your mask when requested.
- Remember to observe social distancing at check-in.
- kulula staff will again be adhering to a ‘no touch policy’ on any customer documents or personal items, unless assisting passengers with special needs. Please assist staff by scanning your own boarding pass, visibly holding up your ID and lowering your mask for facial recognition.
- Remember to observe social distancing at the boarding gates.
Boarding the Aircraft
- Passengers are request to social distance while queuing for boarding.
- Passengers will be requested to sanitise before entering the aircraft and ensure their masks are correctly fitted over their mouth and nose.
- Once you board, simply sit back, relax because we have ensured that our entire fleet is cleaned from top to bottom to make sure it meets government regulations. All the key surfaces are spick and span and ready for each and every flight.
- To ensure that we keep everyone as safe as possible we ask that you wear your mask throughout the journey and that it covers your nose and mouth at all times.
- Passengers are requested to keep movement within the cabin to a minimum.
- For your added peace of mind, our aircraft are equipped with HEPA filters that recycle the cabin air every 3 minutes to remove germs and viruses.
Disembarking from your flight
- When we arrive at your destination, we request that you remain seated and listen to our friendly Cabin Crew for further instruction.
- For our passengers who require special wheelchair assistance, we have ensured that the trucks to the Terminal building are equipped with sanitisers. Also, the truck operator will ensure that (s)he sanitises his or her hands after each passenger that is assisted.
- When we land, please keep your mask on, observe the safe distance markers and sanitize your hands frequently.
Collecting your baggage from the carousel
When collecting your baggage, to be extra safe we suggest sanitising your bag's handles as it may have passed through a few hands during the loading process. While the baggage handlers take the necessary precautions, one can never be too safe. Have a safe onward journey.
Falling ill before your flight
- Customers can make changes to their flight booking online up to 2-hours before their departure, provided they have not yet checked in.
- Checked in customers should call the relevant kulula.com or British Airways (operated by Comair) Contact Centre to reschedule their flight.
- Should a customer be unable to call the Contact Centre to reschedule their flight, a doctor’s note is required to facilitate a credit.