It’s important that every flight is a pleasurable one, so we’re happy to go the extra mile to ensure your journey runs smoothly. Should you require a wheelchair or any special assistance, it is important to make your request directly after booking your flight to ensure arrangements are made accordingly.
Need special assistance?
Submit your request online and an agent will contact you. Requests can take up to 48 hours to be confirmed.
Call our Contact Centre
Contact us for immediate assistance if your flight departs within 48 hours, call 0861 KULULA (585852)
Monday to Sunday 07h00 – 19h00.
- To ensure availability, please request assistance at least 48 hours prior to flight departure. Should we reach the safety quota for Special Assistance on your flight booked, we may be required to change your flight to ensure that we comply with the Comair Limited required safety regulations.
- Customers who require special assistance cannot be pre-seated, seating will be arranged at the check-in counter. Exit rows are only available for able-bodied passangers.
- Mobility devices such as wheelchairs and walking aids are carried free of charge. Walking sticks and crutches are allowed onboard.
Requesting assistance at the airport
A wheelchair can be provided in the case where the passenger can’t ascend/descend steps but can stand and manoeuvre themselves within the cabin.
We also offer a Passenger Aid Unit (PAU) service for all paraplegic and quadriplegic fans who have their own wheelchairs. Paraplegic and quadriplegics who are completely immobile will need to provide their own body straps. Should you need any assistance with eating or visiting the rest room, you will need to travel with a self-supplied able-bodied assistant aged 16 years or older. Note that we are unable to accept passengers confined to stretchers.
For safety reasons, wheelchair assistance will only be available from the kulula.com check-in counters to the aircraft as well as from the aircraft to the arrival hall upon landing, and not outside the airport building. Passengers may then be welcomed by friends or family at the drop-and-go.
Customers taking their own personal electric wheelchair are permitted wet or dry battery cells and will need to follow the following procedures:
- Notify our Contact Centre, 48 hours prior to departure that a self-supplied electric wheelchair will be used.
- Customers must ensure there is no battery leakage.
- Battery terminals must be disconnected and isolated.
- Batteries must be clearly labelled as “wet” or “dry” based accumulators.
- Spare and/or removable batteries must be checked in as luggage.
- Subject to capacity constraints, passengers must check-in their own wheelchairs and batteries.
Our meet-and-assist is available to elderly travellers who does not require wheelchair assistance. Once you’ve checked in, we will take you to the designated waiting area. From there, you'll be escorted to the aircraft. Upon arrival, we’ll assist you to your welcoming party at drop-and-go.
There is no service available for unaccompanied minors on kulula.com flights. Infants and Children must be accompanied by an adult aged 16 years or older.
Incapacitated Passengers Handling Form
In some cases a passenger might require an INCAD form depending on their condition and a medical certificate to confirm that they are fit to travel
Pregnant travellers & Infant travellers:
If you have any other special needs which are not mentioned here, please call our Contact Centre on 0861 KULULA (585852) to speak to one of our friendly staff for assistance.