Travelling with your furry (or scaly) friends requires special care and attention, that’s why we’ve partnered with BidAir Cargo PetLounge to get them to their destination safe and sound, with no hassle.
Important information you should know:
We don’t accept domestic pets and live animals at our check-in counters (excluding service dogs which are permitted for check-in and in the cabin). The policy also applies to British Airways (operated by Comair) check-in counters and flights. This new process provides a modernised animal-friendly environment for the acceptance and delivery of domestic pets and will ensure your furry (or scaly) friend pets reach their destination safely and comfortably.
For bookings; simply call PetLounge on 011 230 4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the transportation of your pet at least 48 hours prior to departure.
They will be transported through dedicated holding areas and have access to PetLounges specially designed for their comfort and safety. For more info. on these facilities, visit www.petlounge.co.za
What to remember
- When phoning BidAir Cargo PetLounges Call Centre, you may request that your pets travel on the same flight as yourself, provided the booking is made 48 hours prior to departure and there is space available on the flight
- Animals are to be at the BidAir Cargo (PetLounge or Holding Areas) at least 2 hours prior to domestic flights and 4 hours for regional flights
- If travelling outside the BidAir Cargo or PetLounge trading hours, alternative arrangements can be made by calling 011 230 4600
- Only service dogs will be checked in at the airport and are allowed into the cabin (just make sure you let us know in advance so we can get the Captain's okay)
- To ensure your pet travels safely in the correct container download the pet container requirements pdf.
* Requires a PDF reader. Get Adobe Reader
Note: BidAir Cargo PetLounge require that cat and dog owners produce an inoculation booklet when dropping their pets off for travel. Rabies inoculations are compulsory nationwide and are subject to a waiting period of 24 hours for Booster and 14 days for First Time Vaccination. The rabies inoculation must be administered yearly in accordance with IATA regulations. Download the vaccination notice
Pet facilities for each airport; contact details and trading hours:
You may conveniently drop-off and collect your pet; view the trading hours, contact numbers and maps of your relevant airport by clicking on the tabs below.
OR Tambo International Airport (BidAir Cargo PetLounge)
Cape Town International Airport (BidAir Cargo PetLounge)
King Shaka International Airport (BidAir Cargo Branch)
East London International Airport (BidAir Cargo Branch)
George International Airport (BidAir Cargo PetLounge)
Port Elizabeth International Airport (BidAir Cargo PetLounge)
Lanseria International Airport (BidAir Cargo PetLounge)
We currently have dedicated PetLounges in JNB, CPT, PLZ, GRJ & HLA. There are facilities in DUR & ELS where pets are handled with care to minimize the stress of travelling.